W9 Forms for US workers:
- To submit an invoice, you must upload one of these forms.
- Form: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
- Instructions for form W9: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/iw9.pdf
W8 forms for International workers:
- W8-BEN (Individuals)
- Form: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw8ben.pdf
- Instructions for W8-BEN: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/iw8ben.pdf
- Under Line 5 you should enter your Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN). If you DO NOT have a SSN or ITIN leave this field blank.
- Under Line 6 enter your tax identification number issued by your country. This field is required by law.
- Line 7 is filled by a withholding agent. So you may leave this field blank.
- Line 9 and 10 are completed only if you are claiming treaty benefits as a resident of a foreign country.
- W8-BEN-E (Entities)
Under the Profile Settings, select payments, and upload the completed W8 form. Your W8 will be saved to your profile and added when submitting invoices.
More information on taxes:
You may use the W9 or W8 for you as an individual, or your company. When you submit invoices, your name will appear and you also can enter your business name to display on invoices that we send to clients, but it is not required.
At the end of the year, our accounting team sends you a 1099(or equivalent) using the tax form on file. You will use that in your respective tax returns (individual or business).
Changing your name or contact type:
If you need to change your name or any contract type, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the former information and updated information.