What is vote delegation?
You can delegate or give your BTRST tokens to another wallet address (one at a time) including your own wallet address (if you have several addresses with BTRST tokens). Delegation does not lock tokens; it simply adds votes to the chosen delegation address to add more weight in votes.
For off-chain voting on Snapshot, this feature is not available.
For on-chain voting, you can delegate the tokens in your connected wallet to another wallet address so that they vote on your behalf with your voting power. To do so, you would need to:
- Go to the on-chain voting portal
- Click on “Edit” next to the “Delegated to” field
- Click on “Add delegate”
- Add the wallet address of the person you want to delegate your votes to
- Approve the transaction from your wallet (Metamask or other)
- You will see your Votes become 0 and they will get your votes. To revert this, you can remove your delegate from the same window where you added them.
If you do not have ETH in your wallet, you can get from a multitude of sources such as buying it on a crypto exchange such as Coinbase or Binance, or transferring it from another wallet that has it.