Braintrust connects talent with real employers. We have several protections, including in-app messaging, proactive identification and system based alerts to identify possible fraud. Unfortunately, bad actors often target job seekers across the internet. Follow these key steps to ensure that you remain safe when looking for work on Braintrust:
1. Only accept an offer on the Braintrust platform. Fraudulent employers frequently ask for personal information and completion of offers outside of official platforms so they can circumnavigate built-in safety mechanisms. Braintrust is unable to provide protections to talent who leave the platform in order to conduct business.
2. Report any suspicious employers or job postings to our support team. If you see a job posting or employer that looks suspicious or receive suspicious messages from an employer, email our support team (email@example.com) who will manually review the information provided. If our support team determines that the account has violated our terms of service we will remove them from the platform.
3. Use on-platform messaging. Fraudulent employers may try to conduct business via personal emails or phone lines. We encourage talent to only use official platform channels for communication. In some instances, organizations may use emails to book interviews or independently vet talent. Ensure that you only use professional lines of communication and alert Braintrust immediately if you feel that a scam is taking place.
To safeguard yourself from potential scams, watch out for the following red flags:
- You are asked to provide credentials of your Braintrust account.
- You are asked to sign an offer off-platform.
- You are asked to not communicate to Braintrust about the offer in place.
- You are being asked to perform work without an offer or contract.