All community members are highly encouraged to do their own research and become their own advocates in protecting their data and tokens.
There are some widely accepted suggestions when it comes to practicing good digital hygiene:
- Never share your private wallet keys with ANYONE.
- Always set up an authenticator app to verify 2fa on all blockchain related accounts (your external wallet, emails, etc).
- Be sure to download and save your backup codes in a safe place in case you ever lose your phone or accidentally delete your app.
- You have options for how to set up your external wallet. Check out the Wallet Article for additional details on self-custodial versus registered custodial solutions. However, if you chose to set up a self-custodial wallet, remember:
- Understand that if you lose your crypto, no one can get it back for you.
- If you want to have wallets on your phone, consider having a second phone that you keep in a secure place, on Airplane mode, to store wallets.
- Print out back up keys and secure them in a safe place.